21 Quirky Couples Whose Engagement Photos Perfectly Captured Their Personalities
Engagements are one of the most shareable milestones in your life, and what better way to do so than with a cute photo? Most couples don their Sunday best and head to a serene spot where they smile and touch each others’ cheeks and foreheads for the perfect picture that says we love each other and we will forever and ever.
These 21 newly engaged couples did not do that. They took engagement photos, sure, but instead of going formal, they approached the pictures with a creative flair that perfectly showcased their personalities and proved they really were meant for each other…
1. The saying goes, if you bring a dog to an engagement photo shoot, he will steal the show with every opportunity he gets. By the look of this couple’s shirts, however, they wanted ol’ Fido to be the center of attention!
2. When a male rabbit lays eyes on a lady rabbit who gets his whiskers twitchin’, he performs a dance of sorts where he chases her around until she stops and boxes him (really). We like to imagine this newly engaged couple performed that same ritual.
3. This guy’s buddies asked if you love that burrito so much, why don’t you marry it. Maybe it was a beer-driven decision, but he did — and he never looked back. How could he? That flour tortilla! The sour cream! The melt-in-your-mouth carne asada with unknown origins. Mmmm.
4. Beer, bars, raccoon masks. All the makings of a long-lasting love. This couple showed off their quirky attitudes in an odd engagement photo, but good thing they didn’t take the photo one step further and root around in the trash. Speaking of…
5. Nothing says we’ve made the ultimate commitment quite like crouching behind a rusted trash can. Literally, nothing. So this couple could truly say their engagement photos were one of a kind.
6. This couple tried. They tried to wear their Sunday best and head into the woods where they smiled and touched each others’ cheeks and foreheads (etc., etc.). Then the band Coldvoid showed up and gave them a very metal engagement photo.
7. The friends and families of this funny couple no doubt hung this engagement photo on their fridge for months! It has everything: a dead-eyed stare, a pigtail, a bright sweater, dogs, cats, and ancestral spirits looking over all of it.
8. Simple as this funny engagement photo may be, it perfectly showed off this couple’s fun spirits and love for one another — you don’t capture a hearty laugh (or killer dance moves) like this on camera all too often.
9. Love is like a chest-hair heart: you just want to pop your shirt off and tell everyone you know about it. Maybe in the future, he’ll shave his lungs, kidneys, and liver into his chest hair, too. That would be fun.
10. A couple that loves each other helps each other, but the partner that perhaps too enthusiastically points out the flaws in the other’s golf game ends up getting a ball driven 200 yards off his face.
11. Check it out — another dog stealing the show. Typical canine! This one at least had the decency to make himself useful and hold up the wedding date for all to see. That’s a good boy!
12. Apparently, this guy missed the memo: instead of securing a lovely engagement ring to slide on his soon-to-be bride’s finger, he just licked her knuckles. Really, it’s an easy mistake to make (and makes for a good photo)!
13. In their first photo, the couple sized one another up before an arm-wrestling bout; the second photo revealed the man, like so many before him, was not prepared for the dominating strength of his wrasslin’ partner.
14. You like each other? You like beer? Then why not go to a brewery and take a few pictures of yourselves just drinking straight from the barrel. Nothing says we’re in love like a happy couple in their natural habitat.
15. Why did this couple involve In ‘n’ Out Burger in their engagement photos? Likely because the love this couple felt for each other was similar to that which one feels for a double-double with animal-style fries.
16. Yeah, Holden Caulfield saw the carousel as a symbol of childhood and stagnation (the things always play that same song!), but these fun lovin’ guys knew carousels are a source of youthful excitement — which they both no doubt felt towards their relationship.
17. This couple took one engagement photo and one not-so-engaged photo. Take a guess which one they shared with their friends and family first. Those practical jokers!
18. When the engagement ring comes out and the proposal goes down, you’ve gotta get the whole team together — and that includes the pooch. Too bad the family dog didn’t get a ring of his own!
19. Some girls don’t need fancy engagements — Paris proposals, champagne, and tuxedos, that sort of stuff. Some girls just need a spot beside “The Dumper” and a chalk-sprawled note on a bathroom stall door.
20. Do you get the feeling something’s not quite right about this photo? Hey, wait a second! The guy and the gal totally switched get ups. She (er, he?) seemed way more into it than him (uh, her), but we’re sure that was all an act.
21. By the looks of their engagement photo, she never asked him to get married, but rather, demanded they do so before dragging him across an endless bridge towards a grey void until he had no choice but to comply. Hopefully, this was just their sense of humor.