Detective Hercule Poirot is back on the job in the trailer for A Haunting in Venice, Kenneth Branagh’s latest film in his Agatha Christie series. 20th Century brought the trailer to CinemaCon as part of its presentation Thursday.
Branagh directs and stars as Hercule Poirot for the third time. Jamie Dornan, Tina Fey, Michelle Yeoh, Jude Hill and Kelly Reilly star, along with Emma Laird, Kyle Allen, Camille Cottin, Ali Khan and Riccardo Scamarcio.
More from The Hollywood Reporter
- ‘The Little Mermaid’ and Melissa McCarthy Bring Classic Song to CinemaCon
- Imax Signs 8-Theater Deal With EVO Entertainment
- Timothée Chalamet Brings Whimsical ‘Wonka’ Trailer to CinemaCon
The feature is inspired by the 1969 Christie novel Hallowe’en Party. The story of that novel was set in motion when a 13-year-old girl who was witness to a murder is found dead in an apple-bobbing tub. The studio logline reads: “Now retired and living in self-imposed exile in the world’s most glamorous city, Poirot reluctantly attends a séance at a decaying, haunted palazzo. When one of the guests is murdered, the detective is thrust into a sinister world of shadows and secrets.”
Michael Green wrote the script for the feature, due out Sept. 15.
Best of The Hollywood Reporter
- ‘The Super Mario Bros. Movie’: See Who Voices the Beloved Characters
- Hollywood Reporter Critics Pick the 50 Best Films of the 21st Century (So Far)
- Hollywood Flashback: ‘Soylent Green’ Depicted an Overpopulated Planet With a Dark Secret