The bustling world of airports can certainly be an overwhelming experience. Thousands of people flow through them every day, and each person always seems to be in a frantic rush to catch a flight. Just ask Kevin McCallister.
However, it’s because there’s such constant action that you’re bound to see some pretty unique, and often times hilarious, things afoot no matter which terminal you’re trapped in. Look no further than these 20 hysterical photos to prove just that!
1. This guy is not messing around! When he was shopping for luggage before his flight, he took one look at the suitcases and asked, “Got anything that’ll have me looking like Evel Knievel?” They sure did.
2. “Remember folks, remove all metal and electronics and place them in the bins. Also, please remove your shoes, as well. And for those of you who have babies, place them in the blue baby bins and send them on through!”
3. This is certainly one way to maintain your privacy if you decide to take a nap while waiting for a flight. Hopefully, these people will still be able to hear the airport announcements.
4. Whoa! Did this person plan on wearing socks that matched the airport’s carpet? Or, did the airport like the person’s socks so much they decided to match their carpet to them? The world may never know…
5. Is this luggage, or a close-up shot of a restaurant sushi conveyor belt? Either way, this photo is sure to make foodies everywhere lick their lips. It makes you wonder if the people who own these plan on carrying them home with massive chopsticks!
6. This is the exact opposite of what you want to see pilots doing in an airport. The smile on his face indicates that it’s probably a joke, but still. Hopefully, he’s got a fully sighted co-pilot.
7. These men patiently waiting for friends to arrive on an incoming flight probably had no idea that when they chose to wait in this particular spot, they would be putting on quite a show!
8. This group of people eagerly awaiting their flight either missed it completely, or they’re boarding the world’s first ever invisible commercial airline. Or, maybe they stole that mobile staircase and are using that to get to their destination?
9. Everyone who gets off the plane and arrives on the lovely island of Japan knows exactly what they need to do, although “slam” can be taken in many different ways. Slam some sake maybe?
10. When people are this tired, they all seem to turn into McGuyver, inventing very creative ways to catch some Z’s. This couple decided to turn each other into couches for a quick snooze.
11. Yikes! Imagine getting off of a super late flight, exhausted and somewhat delirious from all that time in the air, and this is the first guy you see welcoming you to your destination? You’d probably get right back on that plane.
12. Sure, laptops are quick and efficient, but they also have batteries that run out. With this typewriter all you need to worry about is having a fresh tape… and weight restrictions.
13. How did this woman even get like this? It just seems completely impractical to squeeze yourself underneath the armrests in order to get a good nap. She’s probably a champion at Limbo, though.
14. Here’s a group of loyal Stormtroopers eagerly awaiting their boss. Darth Vader would be proud. Just how far of a flight is it from Earth to the Death Star anyway?
15. Have you ever gone to sleep only to wake up covered in colorful artwork? This father sure is about to! His artistic daughters are taking full advantage of the canvas they have at their disposal.
16. Dude, they have other ways to perform full-body scans. Like, actual human-sized machines you can just stand in. This guy likes to do everything the hard way, though. Clearly claustrophobia is not in his genes.
17. Uh-oh, someone’s had a long flight! This person was too tired to leave the plane herself so she figured the baggage claim conveyor belt could do the heavy lifting for her. Maybe someone needs to tell her it’s time to start using those legs.
18. Some people check their luggage, and other people check their… sticks? It makes sense that it was checked since it could clearly be a weapon, but who would do such a thing? Is Gandalf taking commercial flights now?
19. You never know who you’ll see at a busy airport, and every once in a while, you spot someone famous. One person was lucky enough to snap a picture of actress Minka Kelly getting some of her stuff ready for scanning!
20. The only thing the owner of these cookies is guilty of is having an enormous sweet tooth. It would be no surprise if the TSA agent confiscated the goods so the whole staff could indulge in snacks when the day ends.
Airports, although hectic and stressful at times, can certainly be hubs for some very entertaining sights and these pics are certainly proof.
Share these airport photos with your friends who frequent the skies!